Monday, November 11, 2019

Announcements & Housekeeping


I have been a small business owner,
or really a "private contractor,"
for 20 years now. I have taught at
yoga centers, schools, libraries,
friend's homes, art centers, and
extra rooms at the court house
to judges and clerks.

As with any small business, it is a struggle
to make things affordable but also
priced so that I can actually make
enough to pay my bills.

Since I have moved just outside Delia
a little over 8 years ago, I have not been
able to "break even." While I would like
to continue to teaching I need to start
figuring out how to pay for the workshops
that I take every year to keep up my studies
and to stay registered with Yoga Alliance (which
are two annual expenses: insurance and
registering).

If you have made it this far, thank you!

I just feel the need to explain why I will 
need to raise my prices starting 
January 2020. If this increase is too much of a 
financial burden for you, I understand.
I am in a similar situation with regards to paying
for teacher trainings towards my continuing
education credits. Essentially, I want to continue 
to teach and I want to pay my bills. With that said,


I will be raising my
class prices
to 
$10 per class 
if paid at the
beginning of the month 
or
$15 for a drop-in
starting 
January 2020.

_________________________________

Do know that I love teaching very much but it 
has been brought to my attention that I may 
not be able to write-off my expenses as 
a business owner for much longer. 
The government might see what 
I do as more of a "hobby" 
than an actual business since I have been 
losing money for at least 8 years.

___________________________________

I am going to continue to provide the best
possible classes each week while trying 
to get the word out
about my classes, and see if there
is a need or want for what I teach to more
people. 

I do believe what I teach is quite 
valuable and I use the techniques I teach
in class every single day to keep my body
aligned and well. I would
like to think that my regular students
come back for the very same reasons.


Our health should be one of our
highest priorities. We cannot be
of service to our communities, our
families, and the general populace
if we are not well.


If you have any questions or concerns,
please email me at:
yoginiofoz@gmail.com


Thank you!



  

No comments: